1. Bowleg is medically referred to as Genu Varum.
2. Dyslexia A learning disability in which a person finds it difficult to read and write.
3. The Sea Horse is the only male sea creature that gets pregnant.
4. Ghana was the first subsaharan country to gain independence.
5. Coast Red Wood is the tallest specie tree on Earth.
6. Ethiopia is the hottest place on Earth that is inhabited by people.
7. The first edition of the World Book Encyclopaedia was published in 1917.
8. Standing 4,207 m ( 13,802 ft) above sea level, and 10,000 m (33,000 ft) tall, Mauna Kea in the state of Hawaii is the tallest mountain on Earth.
9. The smallest egg laid by any bird is that of the vervain Hummingbird (Mellisuga minima), with an egg weight of half a gram.
10. Founded by Fatima al-Fihri in 859, The University of Qarawiyin is the oldest existing, continually operating and the first degree awarding educational institution in the World and is sometimes referred to as the oldest University in the World.
11. On 24th December 1951, Libya gained independence from Italy to become the first recognised African country to gain independence discounting Liberia which has been a sovereign state since July 26, 1847.
12. South Sudan became an independent state on 9 July 2011, thus becoming the most recent African country to gain independence.
13. An Oometer is used for measuring Eggs.
14. The Amazon River Basin is home to the largest rainforest on Earth. The basin covers some 40 percent of the South American continent and includes parts of 8 South American countries: Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana and Suriname, as well as French Guiana, a department of France.
15. The Guinness World Records Book is the best-selling copyrighted book of all time and also the World's top selling book after the Religious books.
16. The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (forty-five letters), a word that refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano; medically, it is the same as silicosis. The word was deliberately coined to be the longest word in English, and has since been used in a close approximation of its originally intended meaning, lending at least some degree of validity to its claim.
17. Nicknamed the Twin Capital Of The World, Igbo Ora is the Town with the highest number of twins in the world. With 158 twins per 1000 births.
18. Rhythm is the longest English word that does not contain a vowel alphabet.
19. Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia Is the fear of long words.
20. The first website in the world went live in 1990. Invented by Tim Berners Lee, while he was a researcher at the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN), the website still exists today. The site's address is info.cern.ch, and provides information about the world wide web.
21. Tim Berners-Lee, a British scientist at CERN, also invented the World Wide Web (WWW) in 1989.
22. Thanatophobia is the fear of death, while Thanatosis is the act of feigning death.
23. Phobophobia is the fear of fear; the fear of developing a phobia.
24. Ablutophobia is the fear of washing or bathing.
25. Bibliophobia is the fear or dislike of death.
Remember To Visit https://iamdistinct.blogspot.com for more.
Recommended Articles for you
Posted 11:22am, Mon 9th November, 2015 by Clementor